- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- Dash salt
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine olive oil and flour. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the lemon juice, tarragon and salt. Serve with asparagus. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus with Tarragon Lemon Sauce(3)
Sort By :
This recipe is easy to make, and a great way to add variety to your asparagus.
My husband and I both enjoyed this recipe a lot. Definitely a keeper.
The flavor was beautiful. I had it as an accompaniment to the Pork Chops with Apricot Sauce along with potato Pirogues.
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Quick Recipes >