Asparagus with Sesame
This recipe turns a super spring vegetable into a more special one. It's nice to treat myself to a 'fancy' side dish with very little work.Violet Beard, Marshall, Illinois
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place asparagus in a skillet; sprinkle with salt if desired. Add 1/2
- in. of water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until
- crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Meanwhile, melt butter; add lemon
- juice and sesame seeds. Drain asparagus; drizzle with the butter
- mixture. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One serving (prepared with margarine and without salt) equals 71 calories, 47 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 5 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, 5 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.