Asparagus with Sesame Vinaigrette Recipe
This crisp side dish with asparagus and a tasty vinaigrette is ready in minutes. “I serve this whenever fresh asparagus is on sale," says Nancee Melin of Tucson, Arizona. "The dressing can be made ahead for swift assembly later.”
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1. Place asparagus and water in a microwave-safe dish; cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame seeds, olive oil, sesame oil, sugar and garlic powder; shake well. Place the asparagus, red pepper and tomato in a serving dish. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 62 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 317 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC