Asparagus with Sesame Seeds
Crisp asparagus is topped with soy sauce and sesame seeds in this delightful dish our Test Kitchen shares.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place the asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1
- in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or
- until crisp-tender. Transfer to a serving dish. Combine the water,
- soy sauce, oil, salt and pepper; drizzle over asparagus. Sprinkle
- with sesame seeds. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 43 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.