Asparagus with Orange Sauce Recipe
Special enough for company, this dish suggested by field editor Cathee Bethel of Lebanon, Oregon has the inspiring taste of spring. "The light, creamy orange sauce makes asparagus a treat for the whole family," she says.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Orange slices and additional orange peel, optional
- 1. Place asparagus and a small amount of water in a skillet; bring to a boil. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, orange juice, peel and cayenne. Drain asparagus; top with orange sauce. Garnish with orange slices and peel if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving equals 44 calories, 45 mg sodium, trace cholesterol, 6 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, 2 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Asparagus with Orange Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC