Special enough for company, this dish suggested by field editor Cathee Bethel of Lebanon, Oregon has the inspiring taste of spring. "The light, creamy orange sauce makes asparagus a treat for the whole family," she says.
Recommended: Top 10 Easter Dinner Ideas
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Orange slices and additional orange peel, optional
- Place asparagus and a small amount of water in a skillet; bring to a boil. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, orange juice, peel and cayenne. Drain asparagus; top with orange sauce. Garnish with orange slices and peel if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus with Orange Sauce in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p16
Reviews for Asparagus with Orange Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2008
"Quite tasty, I used fat free mayo and vanilla yogurt."