- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, marmalade, ginger, vinegar and orange peel until blended. Spoon over asparagus. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus with Orange-Ginger Butter
Sort By :
Even my "no veggie" spouse thought this was good. Will definitely make this again.
I made this for a dinner for 6 and everyone loved it..the crystalized ginger and orange are a perfect complement to the asparagus. Be sure to garnish with shredded orange peel for eye "a-peel"
Too bad we don't have a six star rating. Only way to 'hurt' this recipe is to over cook the Asparagus. That's a crime against nature.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Butter Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >