Asparagus with Orange-Ginger Butter
Zesty orange and earthy ginger are the perfect complement to this veggie that has become a springtime staple. —Lisa Feld, Grafton, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus;
- cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain;
- transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, marmalade, ginger, vinegar and
- orange peel until blended. Spoon over asparagus. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 223 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.