Asparagus with Orange Butter
A simple orange butter is all that's needed to enhance the natural great taste of asparagus.
For a pretty presentation when entertaining, group several spears and tie with orange peel strips.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Salt to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients until blended. In
- a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and
- boil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter mixture, then add asparagus and toss
- to coat. Sprinkle with salt. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 96 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.