“This is a great side dish to serve at a bridge luncheon with a chicken dish or salad,” writes Jo Durlam of Ames, Iowa. “It gives some color to the dish and it is very tasty.”
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes; drain. When cool enough to handle; pat dry. Thread several spears onto two parallel metal or soaked wooden skewers. Repeat with remaining asparagus.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender.
- For vinaigrette, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Remove asparagus from skewers; drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus with Mustard Vinaigrette in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p46
Reviews for Asparagus with Mustard Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review