Asparagus with Mustard Sauce
Here in Iowa, asparagus patches grow wild along the roads. My husband and I often go asparagus hunting on Saturday and Sunday mornings. A tangy mustard sauce complements the fresh asparagus in this easy recipe.
Ida Grove, Iowa
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place asparagus in a shallow baking dish; dot with butter. Sprinkle
- with salt and pepper. Cover and bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes
- or until tender.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Cover
- and microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/4 minutes or until heated
- through. Serve with asparagus. Yield: 6-8 servings.