Asparagus with Mustard Sauce Recipe
Here in Iowa, asparagus patches grow wild along the roads. My husband and I often go asparagus hunting on Saturday and Sunday mornings. A tangy mustard sauce complements the fresh asparagus in this easy recipe. -Nancy Hasbrouck Ida Grove, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Place asparagus in a shallow baking dish; dot with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/4 minutes or until heated through. Serve with asparagus. Yield: 6-8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC