Asparagus with Mushrooms
This side dish is not fussy, but looks and tastes special. People say it's delicious.Betty Jean Nichols, Eugene, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute asparagus and ginger in oil for 2-3 minutes
- or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Add the mushrooms, salt, sugar
- and pepper. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer or until mushrooms are
- tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 92 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 599 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.