Asparagus with Lemon Sauce Recipe
- 3 cups cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Place asparagus and water chestnuts in a shallow microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 in. of water. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender; drain and keep warm.
- 2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the cream cheese, water, milk and lemon peel. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Pour over asparagus mixture; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 115 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus with Lemon Sauce
"I am only reviewing the sauce, nasty!"