Asparagus with Lemon Sauce Recipe
- 3 cups cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Place asparagus and water chestnuts in a shallow microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 in. of water. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender; drain and keep warm.
- 2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the cream cheese, water, milk and lemon peel. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Pour over asparagus mixture; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 115 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus with Lemon Sauce
"I did not care for this at all. I'm thinking there must be an error; there is no way this can be a contest winner as written."
"I am only reviewing the sauce, nasty!"