We didn’t have an oven or stove in our first years of marriage, so we relied heavily on our microwave. This side of asparagus in a creamy lemon sauce was always a favorite. Garnished with fresh lemon wedges, it’s a pretty addition to any menu. –Janice Gerbitz, Woodland, California
Recommended: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
- 3 cups cut fresh asparagus (2-inch pieces)
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- Place asparagus and water chestnuts in a shallow microwave-safe dish; add 1/2 in. of water. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender; drain and keep warm.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the cream cheese, water, milk and lemon peel. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Pour over asparagus mixture; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus with Lemon Sauce in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p37
Reviews for Asparagus with Lemon Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2010
"I am only reviewing the sauce, nasty!"