Asparagus with Creamy Dill Sauce
Nothing says "spring" like a fresh crop of young asparagus. And this recipe superbly ushers in this wonderful season. The delicate cheese sauce and assorted seasonings nicely complement the tender stalks without being overwhelming.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, bring water and salt to a boil; add the
- asparagus. Cover and cook over medium heat until crisp-tender, about
- 6-8 minutes; drain. Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm. In
- the same skillet over low heat, stir cream cheese and milk until
- smooth. Stir in dill, garlic salt and pepper. Pour over asparagus.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 107 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.