Asparagus with Cream Sauce Recipe
From Venice, Florida, Arletta Slocum relates, "This lovely side dish has been a favorite in our family for many years - especially for Easter dinners. Fresh green beans can be substituted for the asparagus."
- 2 cups water
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, garlic powder, lemon-pepper and salt until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Add the parsley, vinegar and dill.
- 2. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; whisk in sour cream. Drain asparagus; arrange on a serving platter. Top with cream sauce. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 89 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus with Cream Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC