From Venice, Florida, Arletta Slocum relates, "This lovely side dish has been a favorite in our family for many years - especially for Easter dinners. Fresh green beans can be substituted for the asparagus."
Recommended: 28 Romantic Dinners for Valentines Day (or Any Day!)
- 2 cups water
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, garlic powder, lemon-pepper and salt until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Add the parsley, vinegar and dill.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; whisk in sour cream. Drain asparagus; arrange on a serving platter. Top with cream sauce. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus with Cream Sauce in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p8
Reviews for Asparagus with Cream Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2011
"it tasted really tangy and for me, that doesnt go well with asparagus.."