- 2 cups water
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, garlic powder, lemon-pepper and salt until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Add the parsley, vinegar and dill.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; whisk in sour cream. Drain asparagus; arrange on a serving platter. Top with cream sauce. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus with Cream Sauce in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p8
Reviews for Asparagus with Cream Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2011
"it tasted really tangy and for me, that doesnt go well with asparagus.."