Asparagus with Blue Cheese Recipe
This simple, elegant side would be ideal for a special dinner. Blue cheese adds a tangy richness to healthy steamed asparagus—and the bright green spears are sure signs of spring.—Elna Edgar, Innisfail, Alberta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, chives, oil, vinegar and pepper. Transfer asparagus to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; top with cheese mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 4-5 minutes or until cheese just begins to melt. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 84 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Asparagus with Blue Cheese
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC