Asparagus with Blue Cheese Sauce
MY SISTER introduced me to this recipe several years ago because she knows I love blue cheese.
This dish is a simple way to dress up asparagus, giving it a tangy taste altogether different from the usual cheese sauce. I make it every spring when we have fresh homegrown asparagus. Leona Luecking
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus spears
- 2 ounces PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk or half-and-half cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- In a small saucepan, cook asparagus in a small amount of water until
- crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, whisk cream cheese,
- milk and salt over low heat until smooth. Stir in blue cheese and
- heat through. Drain asparagus and top with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 157 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.