Asparagus Vinaigrette Recipe
I love to cook and especially enjoy trying new recipes. I took a cooking class and discovered this delightful salad. It's nice for a spring luncheon with the fresh taste of the asparagus, parsley and chives drizzled with a zesty dressing. -Marcy Fechtig, Burnt Prairie, Illinois
- 1-1/2 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4 radishes, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Lettuce leaves
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Add the radishes, green pepper, relish, parsley and chives.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 3. Transfer asparagus to a glass dish; pour dressing over top. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- 4. To serve, arrange lettuce on a serving platter. With a slotted spoon, remove asparagus; arrange over lettuce. Garnish with eggs and tomatoes. Drizzle with some of the dressing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 419 calories, 43 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC