Asparagus Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4 radishes, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Lettuce leaves
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Add the radishes, green pepper, relish, parsley and chives.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 3. Transfer asparagus to a glass dish; pour dressing over top. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- 4. To serve, arrange lettuce on a serving platter. With a slotted spoon, remove asparagus; arrange over lettuce. Garnish with eggs and tomatoes. Drizzle with some of the dressing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 419 calories, 43g fat (6g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Asparagus Vinaigrette
"I'm always proud to serve this gorgeous salad. And it tastes as good as it looks. This recipe was the breakthrough to get my husband to try asparagus. His response was, "Hey, this is not bad!" He's gone on to eat asparagus in other ways, too."