My mom has a large asparagus bed, so I'm kept well-supplied with asparagus all spring. I helped her plant it years ago and have a "My Most Embarrassing Moment" story from that day - I planted all the asparagus with the roots facing up! I still get kidded about it.
Recommended: 30 Salad Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a saucepan, cook the asparagus in a small amount of water for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Place in a bowl; add pimientos and onions. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, basil, salt, pepper and thyme; pour over asparagus mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Vinaigrette Salad in Country Extra March 1998, p51
Reviews for Asparagus Vinaigrette Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review