Asparagus Vinaigrette Recipe
I love to cook and especially enjoy trying new recipes. I took a cooking class and discovered this delightful salad. It's nice for a spring luncheon with the fresh taste of the asparagus, parsley and chives drizzled with a zesty dressing. -Marcy Fechtig, Burnt Prairie, Illinois
- 1-1/2 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4 radishes, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Lettuce leaves
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Add the radishes, green pepper, relish, parsley and chives.
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Transfer asparagus to a glass dish; pour dressing over top. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, arrange lettuce on a serving platter. With a slotted spoon, remove asparagus; arrange over lettuce. Garnish with eggs and tomatoes. Drizzle with some of the dressing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Vinaigrette in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p39
Reviews for Asparagus Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2008
"I'm always proud to serve this gorgeous salad. And it tastes as good as it looks. This recipe was the breakthrough to get my husband to try asparagus. His response was, "Hey, this is not bad!" He's gone on to eat asparagus in other ways, too."