Asparagus Veggie Pasta Primavera Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 pound thin fresh asparagus, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, combine the carrot, onion, peppers, zucchini, summer squash and broccoli. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Add asparagus and mushrooms; cook 5 minutes longer.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine flour and water until smooth. Add the bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add wine or broth and salt; stir well. Pour over vegetables. Drain pasta and add to vegetable mixture. Add basil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 168 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 614 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Asparagus Veggie Pasta Primavera
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.