- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 pound thin fresh asparagus, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, combine the carrot, onion, peppers, zucchini, summer squash and broccoli. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Add asparagus and mushrooms; cook 5 minutes longer.
- In a saucepan, combine flour and water until smooth. Add the bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add wine or broth and salt; stir well. Pour over vegetables. Drain pasta and add to vegetable mixture. Add basil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pasta Primavera in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p9
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Asparagus Veggie Pasta Primavera
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2011
"My whole family liked this recipe. I did not have any asparagus so I just added more broccoli"