Asparagus Veggie Pasta Primavera Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 pound thin fresh asparagus, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, combine the carrot, onion, peppers, zucchini, summer squash and broccoli. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Add asparagus and mushrooms; cook 5 minutes longer.
- In a saucepan, combine flour and water until smooth. Add the bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add wine or broth and salt; stir well. Pour over vegetables. Drain pasta and add to vegetable mixture. Add basil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pasta Primavera in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p9
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Asparagus Veggie Pasta Primavera
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2011
My whole family liked this recipe. I did not have any asparagus so I just added more broccoli