Asparagus Veal Cordon Bleu Recipe
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 veal cutlets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1. Place asparagus and water in an 11x7-in. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- 2. Flatten veal to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil. Add veal; brown for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- 3. Transfer to an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. In the pan drippings, saute mushrooms until tender; spoon over veal. Top each with four asparagus spears and a slice of prosciutto. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 492 calories, 33g fat (12g saturated fat), 155mg cholesterol, 1106mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 44g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Veal Cordon Bleu
"I have made this recipe twice and love it, including hubby. easy to prepare."