Asparagus Veal Cordon Bleu Recipe
"Now that our children are on their own, I try to make varied meals for two that are both appetizing and interesting," says Jeanne Molloy of Feeding Hills, Massachusetts. "I sometimes double this recipe so we can have the leftovers for lunch the next day. It reheats well in the microwave."
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 veal cutlets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Place asparagus and water in an 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- Flatten veal to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil. Add veal; brown for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In the pan drippings, saute mushrooms until tender; spoon over veal. Top each with four asparagus spears and a slice of prosciutto. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Veal Cordon Bleu in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p45
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Asparagus Veal Cordon Bleu(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2009
I have made this recipe twice and love it, including hubby. Easy to prepare.
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >