Asparagus Turkey Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 pound turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, lemon juice and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry turkey and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil until meat is no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- 2. Stir-fry asparagus in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add pimientos. Stir broth mixture and add to the pan; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Return turkey to the pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 205 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Asparagus Turkey Stir-Fry
"I accidentally forgot to pick up chicken broth at the store, so I had to use chicken bouillon granules dissolved in water (made per box directions). Unfortunately, it was a sodium-free bouillon, and I think it wound up changing the taste. I made it pretty much exactly as written otherwise, using chicken instead of turkey, and omitting the pimientos. We really didn't like it much. I tried adding in a bit more salt, but it still tasted off. As it was, I would have given it a 3, but I'm bumping it to a 4, since it could very well have been my fault for not getting the right chicken broth. I may try this again. It was otherwise an easy and fairly quick recipe. I will update my review if/when I try again. Oh and I tripled the amount of sauce, it really needed it."
"Good basic recipe. Had no asparagus, used some fresh broccoli and 12 oz bag of frozen stir fry veggies. I doubled the sauce and it could use even more. Otherwise, made pretty much as written. Don't forget the lemon juice as I did. It was a little bland. It needs it and maybe onion and garlic. We enjoyed it."
"This was very good. I did double the sauce."
"Very good but I would double the sauce next time."