- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup diced cooked turkey
- 10 fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, bouillon, pepper and salt until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheeses and stir until smooth.
- Stir in the turkey, asparagus and mushrooms. Cook until heated through. Drain pasta and place in a serving bowl. Pour sauce mixture over pasta; toss gently to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Asparagus-Turkey Pasta Toss
Sort By :
"Was a nice change of pace but definitely not a go-to recipe. Like to make a recipe the first time as the recipe states but did change a few things. Omitted additional salt as bouillon & Parmesan have plenty. Since the pasta only cooks 3 minutes decided to add the asparagus after it came to a boil. Was concerned that it would not cook in the sauce which turned out perfect for our taste. Did add 1/4 cup extra milk as the sauce really thickened after adding the cheeses. Says it yields 2 servings but we have enough leftover for one."