Since turkey is economical, we enjoy it in many ways year-round. This springtime favorite started out as a seafood recipe, but I adapted it.
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup diced cooked turkey
- 10 fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, bouillon, pepper and salt until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheeses and stir until smooth.
- Stir in the turkey, asparagus and mushrooms. Cook until heated through. Drain pasta and place in a serving bowl. Pour sauce mixture over pasta; toss gently to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus-Turkey Pasta Toss in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p158
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Asparagus-Turkey Pasta Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review