Asparagus Tomato Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot, divided
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 small plum tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon ginger until blended; set aside. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the remaining ginger in canola oil for 30 seconds. Add asparagus and onions; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- 2. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add tomatoes and sesame oil; cook 1 minute longer. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 68 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Asparagus Tomato Stir-Fry
"This was tasty and easy. I added thinly sliced beef to make it a complete meal. I also slightly steamed just the stalks of asparagus prior to stir fry."
"This is a family favorite but I make it as a main dish by adding cooked cut up chicken."