- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot, divided
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 small plum tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon ginger until blended; set aside. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the remaining ginger in canola oil for 30 seconds. Add asparagus and onions; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add tomatoes and sesame oil; cook 1 minute longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus Tomato Stir-Fry
"I wasn't impressed with this. The asparagus-tomato taste was awesome. The sauce was HIGHLY lacking though. Just didn't have much flavor, and the flavor it did have wasn't all that good. I think I'd try this again with a completely different sauce mixed it. We did really love the asparagus and tomatoes though. I used grape tomatoes and cut them long ways. I preferred it that way, more bite-sized."
"This is a family favorite but I make it as a main dish by adding cooked cut up chicken."