The recipe for this pretty medley comes from Elizabeth MacAulay in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. "Last spring, when asparagus was in the stores, my sister found this recipe, tried it and thought I might like it, too," she notes. "This fast-to-fix side dish is perfect after a busy day at work."
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot, divided
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 small plum tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon ginger until blended; set aside. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the remaining ginger in canola oil for 30 seconds. Add asparagus and onions; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add tomatoes and sesame oil; cook 1 minute longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Tomato Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p8
Reviews for Asparagus Tomato Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review