Asparagus Tomato Salad
This is my husband's favorite asparagus recipe. All of our children love it, too. It's perfect for a summer dinner.
14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about
- 3-4 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large bowl;
- add the tomatoes, mushrooms and green pepper. In a small bowl,
- combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over vegetable
- mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or
- overnight. Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared without salt) equals 55 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 vegetable.