Asparagus Tomato Salad Recipe
This is my husband's favorite asparagus recipe. All of our children love it, too. It's perfect for a summer dinner.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the tomatoes, mushrooms and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Yield: 14 servings.
1/2 cup: 55 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 vegetable.
Reviews for Asparagus Tomato Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC