This is a delicious way to start off any meal— and a nice change of pace from the usual tossed salad.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients; set aside. Place asparagus in a large saucepan with enough water to cover; cook until crisp-tender. Drain and cool.
- Combine asparagus, tomatoes and onion in a bowl. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus-Tomato Salad in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p65
Reviews for Asparagus-Tomato Salad with Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review