Asparagus Tomato Bake Recipe
Country roads and railroads tracks near my home are favorite places to hunt for wild asparagus— one of the true treats of spring. Both of my sons can eye wild asparagus from afar!
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced celery
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, drained and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Pour butter into an 8-in. square baking dish. Lay asparagus over butter. Sprinkle with onion, garlic, celery, cheese and bread crumbs. Top with tomatoes. Sprinkle with oregano, salt, pepper and thyme.
- 2. Cover and bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until the asparagus is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 116 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Asparagus Tomato Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC