Asparagus Swiss Quiche Recipe
- 10 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute onion until browned; drain.
- 2. Cut eight asparagus spears into 4-in.-long spears for garnish. Cut remaining asparagus into 1-in. pieces. In a saucepan, cook all of the asparagus in a small amount of boiling water until crisp-tender; drain.
- 3. In a bowl, toss the bacon, onion, asparagus pieces, cheese, flour, salt and pepper. Pour into pastry shell. In a bowl, beat eggs and cream; pour over bacon mixture. Top with asparagus spears. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and crust is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 390 calories, 31g fat (13g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Asparagus Swiss Quiche
"Added it to the recipe box for favourites only. :) Will make adjustment by steaming and drying the Asparagus to compensate for a bit of a soggy bottom, however it was superlative all around."
"I will be making this for our Church Easter breakfast . Every time I make this everyone Raves about how good it is !"
"I make a number of different quiche recipes, and this is among the best of them. I use a savory crust recipe with Parmesan cheese in it, which complements the quiche quite well."
"this quiche is awesome! I make it often and love love love it"
"My family loved it! I doubled the recipe to make 2 and was glad I did- all gone very quickly."
"The best quiche, I add fresh mushrooms and some diced ham as well."