- 10 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute onion until browned; drain.
- Cut eight asparagus spears into 4-in.-long spears for garnish. Cut remaining asparagus into 1-in. pieces. In a saucepan, cook all of the asparagus in a small amount of boiling water until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a bowl, toss the bacon, onion, asparagus pieces, cheese, flour, salt and pepper. Pour into pastry shell. In a bowl, beat eggs and cream; pour over bacon mixture. Top with asparagus spears. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and crust is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Asparagus Swiss Quiche
Sort By :
I will be making this for our Church Easter breakfast . Every time I make this everyone Raves about how good it is !
I make a number of different quiche recipes, and this is among the best of them. I use a savory crust recipe with Parmesan cheese in it, which complements the quiche quite well.