Asparagus Supreme Recipe
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen cut asparagus, thawed and drained
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Spread rice in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover with asparagus. Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until browned on all sides. With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and place over asparagus. Add mushrooms, onions and red pepper to skillet; saute until tender. Spoon over chicken. Combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and seasoning blend; spread over vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 496 calories, 31 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 950 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Asparagus Supreme
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.