Asparagus-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon each onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, seasoned salt and poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 cup water
- 7 to 10 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; set aside. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of pork tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open so meat lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic; rub 1/2 teaspoon seasoning mix over inside of tenderloin.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 2 minutes. Drain asparagus and immediately place in ice water; drain and pat dry. Place asparagus lengthwise over tenderloin.
- 3. Fold meat over asparagus, starting with a long side, and secure with kitchen string. Rub remaining seasoning over meat. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving equals 201 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer