Asparagus-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Asparagus looks lovely tucked inside this juicy pork tenderloin. The robust seasoning rub dresses up an eye-catching entree you'll be proud to serve for a special occasions. Tonya Farmer of Iowa City, Iowa
- 1/4 teaspoon each onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, seasoned salt and poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 cup water
- 7 to 10 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; set aside. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of pork tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open so meat lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic; rub 1/2 teaspoon seasoning mix over inside of tenderloin.
- In a large nonstick skillet, bring water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 2 minutes. Drain asparagus and immediately place in ice water; drain and pat dry. Place asparagus lengthwise over tenderloin.
- Fold meat over asparagus, starting with a long side, and secure with kitchen string. Rub remaining seasoning over meat. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p39
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Asparagus-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >