- 8 fresh asparagus spears
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 2 slices provolone cheese (1 ounce each)
- 2 slices deli ham (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread mustard over one side of each chicken breast. Down the center of each, place two sage leaves, a cheese slice, ham slice and four asparagus spears. Fold chicken over asparagus; secure with toothpicks.
- Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip chicken in the flour, egg, then bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on all sides in butter and oil. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Add wine to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Pour over chicken.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Asparagus-Stuffed Chicken Rolls(6)
Sort By :
One of my favorites! The only way my mother will eat asparagus!
This was so delicious!
Just Loved this recipe!!!
awesome awesome dish! the dijon and sage really make this delicious!
This was easy to make and the chicken was very moist. I definitely would make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Ham >
- Baking Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Asparagus Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >