Asparagus-Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 10 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons crushed butter-flavored crackers
- HOLLANDAISE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread with mustard; sprinkle with onion. Place asparagus spears down the center of chicken; fold over and secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- 2. Place seam side down in an ungreased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Keep warm.
- 3. For sauce, in a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Gradually whisk in egg yolks, lemon juice, water and salt. Microwave, uncovered, at 30% power for 30 seconds or until mixture reaches 160° and is thickened, stirring once. Spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with almonds. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 495 calories, 39 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 321 mg cholesterol, 696 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.