- towel to avoid drying out). Brush with butter. Repeat layers seven
- times. Spoon a fourth of the vegetable mixture along the short end
- of dough to within 1 in. of edges. Fold long sides 1 in. over
- filling. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Place
- seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Repeat, making three more strudels. Brush tops with remaining butter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for
- 10 minutes before slicing.
- Yield: 4 strudels 8 slices each.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pieces equals 398 calories, 26 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.