Asparagus Strawberry Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- 1. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, vinegar, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, onion, salt if desired, paprika and
- 2. Worcestershire sauce; shake until sugar is dissolved. Add the oil; shake well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3. In a skillet, cook the asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes; drain well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Arrange the asparagus and strawberries on a serving plate; sprinkle with blue cheese if desired. Pour the dressing over all. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (prepared without salt and blue cheese) equals 108 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Asparagus Strawberry Salad
"This salad is wonderful! We're not fans of blue cheese, so I substituted shredded provolone, which we really enjoyed. The salad was easy to make and a bit out of the ordinary...I'll definitely make it again!"
"I had my doubts, but this turned out to be a favorite of ours and our company, I add a dash of baslamic vinegar"
"Beautiful and Deee-licous"