Asparagus Strawberry Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the sugar, vinegar, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, onion, salt if desired, paprika and
- Worcestershire sauce; shake until sugar is dissolved. Add the oil; shake well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a skillet, cook the asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 6-8 minutes; drain well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Arrange the asparagus and strawberries on a serving plate; sprinkle with blue cheese if desired. Pour the dressing over all. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Strawberry Salad in Country Woman March/April 1998, p40
Reviews for Asparagus Strawberry Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2012
"I had my doubts, but this turned out to be a favorite of ours and our company, I add a dash of baslamic vinegar"
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2011
"Beautiful and Deee-licous"