Asparagus Stir-Fry Recipe
“Fresh asparagus is a rarity in our small town, but when I find it at the store, I make this colorful stir-fry,” says Judy Stashko of Mayerthorpe, Alberta. “Even folks who don’t like asparagus will enjoy this.”
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch, sugar, broth, soy sauce and ginger until blended; set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet or wok, stir-fry the asparagus, mushrooms, carrot and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup equals 112 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 412 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Asparagus Stir-Fry
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC