Asparagus Steak Oscar
By using fantastic ingredients such as beef tenderloin, crabmeat and fresh asparagus, Cindy Dorsett of Lubbock, Texas brings us her elegant meal. She writes, “Steak Oscar is a fine recipe combining the delicious taste of asparagus with only the finest of steaks around.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 envelope bearnaise sauce
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 pound fresh crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick and 3 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Prepare bearnaise sauce according to package directions. Meanwhile,
- place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over
- 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or
- until crisp-tender.
- In a large skillet, saute crab in butter for 3-4 minutes or until
- heated through. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in lemon
- juice; keep warm.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Top with crab mixture, asparagus and
- bearnaise sauce. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet