- 1 envelope bearnaise sauce
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 pound fresh crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick and 3 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Prepare bearnaise sauce according to package directions. Meanwhile, place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large skillet, saute crab in butter for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in lemon juice; keep warm.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Top with crab mixture, asparagus and bearnaise sauce. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Asparagus Steak Oscar
"This is an excellent recipe. It has become one of my favorites and the flavors are amazing. Instead of boiling my asparagus, however, I spread them out on a foil lined baking sheet, season with olive oil, salt and pepper. bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes, and you will have the most perfectly cooked asparagus ever."
"Very simple and tasty."
"My son made this for me and and his wife for Mothers Day. It was fabulous! A very delicious gift."
"easy recipe to prepare and my husband loved it"
"I wrapped the tenderloins in bacon and before grilling and used Hollandaise instead of bernaise.This was definitely a great combination! Keeper recipe."
"Awsome recipe........ The only change I made was to grill the asparagus. Way to easy to taste this good."
"This dish was delicious, simple, and quick to make. It only took about 20 minutes. I couldn't grill the steak (because it was raining) so I fried it and put Smokehouse Pepper on it (which you can buy in your spice aisle) and it was wonderful. I used lump crab meat in the pouch. (found cold in your grocers seafood section) If you buy the crab meat this way, be sure to check for shell pieces.Hubby loves it too. I would definitely make this recipe again!!!"