- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked penne pasta
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place asparagus in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with salt. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring after 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- For dressing, combine onions, vinegar and soy sauce in a blender; cover and process. While processing, gradually add the remaining oil in a steady steam.
- In a large salad bowl, combine pasta, spinach and asparagus. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cashews and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus-Spinach Pasta Salad
Sort By :
"I read the reviews before making this recipe, and decided to add the garlic, and I also added some horseradish. Supreme! I sized it down to serve just two; easy to do with this recipe. And for those who cannot eat nuts, not to worry.. just eliminate them and the end result is still an outstanding salad."
"This has become a family side dish favorite."
"This was a good salad but it needed a little something to make it pop. I think next time I will use some minced garlic."
"We loved it."
"The flavor combo sounded odd at first, but I've been making this for 7+ years now and it's hands down my favorite pasta salad of all time. It's always a hit at gatherings - so flavorful and unique!"