- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked penne pasta
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place asparagus in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with salt. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring after 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- For dressing, combine onions, vinegar and soy sauce in a blender; cover and process. While processing, gradually add the remaining oil in a steady steam.
- In a large salad bowl, combine pasta, spinach and asparagus. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cashews and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus-Spinach Pasta Salad
Sort By :
"This has become a family side dish favorite."
"This was a good salad but it needed a little something to make it pop. I think next time I will use some minced garlic."
"We loved it."
"The flavor combo sounded odd at first, but I've been making this for 7+ years now and it's hands down my favorite pasta salad of all time. It's always a hit at gatherings - so flavorful and unique!"
"Made it as the main course...it was very good. I like the idea of adding garlic and Balsamic Vinegar. This is a keeper."