- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) thin spaghetti
- 8 bacon strips, coarsely chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, covered, 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Cook and stir green onions in bacon drippings 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add asparagus and pepper; heat through.
- Drain pasta; return to stockpot. Add asparagus mixture, cheese, cream, butter and bacon; toss to combine until butter is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus Spaghetti
Sort By :
"This was really good and easy to make. I didn't have cream so I used 1/4 cup of whipped cream cheese with chives I had on hand and 1/2 cup of 2% milk. I also added a can of diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning. I will definitely make this again."
"Love this recipe! I also add cherry tomatoes."