Asparagus Spaghetti Recipe
Lots of asparagus is grown not too far from our h me. Each spring, when it's being harvested, I'll make several trips to the fields. I put about 40 lbs. in the freezer...with what's left, we gorge ourselves on fried asparagus, beef and asparagus, scalloped asparagus, etc.! It's no problem feeding my husband (he's retired; we have two grown children and four grandsons). He'll eat almost anything I put in front of him. We like this dish with a salad and dessert. It's so easy to prepare—it takes only about half an hour from start to serving.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, sliced diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook asparagus in boiling salted water 3 minutes. Drain and set aside. cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and return to kettle to keep warm. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to a paper towel. In bacon drippings, saute onion until soft. Add asparagus and pepper; heat through. Quickly toss together spaghetti, asparagus mixture, bacon, butter, cream and cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pasta with Asparagus in Country Woman March/April 1991, p31
Reviews for Asparagus Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2010
"Love this recipe! I also add cherry tomatoes."